Babble Brain

Yeah, someone found my blog! I am a 32 yr. mother of three beautiful children and proud wife of my wonderful husband~ Matthew. I am blessed beyond my comprehension! I hope you too will be~ His gift is free if you receive. You have nothing to lose and all to gain! Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace that you are saved, through your faith -not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, so that no one can boast.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I think we did it!


I think we finally did it! Cold Turkey! Yesterday I was leaving for a long day of appts and errands so I told Maddi to go find her binky, we looked and looked and could not find it. We kept telling her she was getting to big for it and gave it to her only at nap time and bedtime, but other times we gave in cuz it kept her from screaming and her behavior changed with it, it made her calm. But I was continually noticing her top teeth protruding along with going on 2 1/2 years old so I thought we better just do it.

She understood we left the house and could not find it even tho she continued to ask for it. So home we went after a busy day and she was way past her naptime, so I rocked her and she kept saying my binky, my binky I kept telling her we lost it, she cried but finally went to sleeep. Normally she doesnt cry ever and if she does she doesnt stop till youve fixed her problem, but again she rarely has problem so she rarely cries.

Well last night she cried again, so went in to rock her again and she said, my binky, it lost? Mom, did my Daddy throw it away? my binky lost mom? I a big girl? You had to be there it was very sweet.

So today we are on nap #2 with NO binky! She asked but I told it was lost and rocked her again. I think we did it! No turning back now! Which will be hard when she screams and you want to plug her mouth!

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger anearlgirl said...

I talked to her on the phone yesterday and she said, "meemaw, no binky, it lost." That's how Lexi ended her binky use..it fell in the toilet and that was that.

 
At 10:18 PM, March 21, 2007, Blogger anearlgirl said...

I talked to her on the phone yesterday and she said, "meemaw, no binky, it lost." That's how Lexi ended her binky use..it fell in the toilet and that was that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home