Babble Brain

Yeah, someone found my blog! I am a 32 yr. mother of three beautiful children and proud wife of my wonderful husband~ Matthew. I am blessed beyond my comprehension! I hope you too will be~ His gift is free if you receive. You have nothing to lose and all to gain! Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace that you are saved, through your faith -not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, so that no one can boast.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Children with Hairloss


It was brought to my attention (Thanks Cindy!) I will be supporting this organization from now on rather than Locks of Love (a profit organiztion) charging families outrageuos amount of money for hair for their suffering children! Goes to show, not everything that sounds good , is good. Check out their link to the right and grow your hair for a good cause!!

6 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, May 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found the site Jessica....
Cindy

 
At 2:19 PM, May 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica et al
I'm pretty sure there is some misunderstanding of the rules for Locks of Love. The website says the hairpieces are worth $3000 to $5000 not that they charge that amount.

Everything else indicates the charity takes family income into account. Clearly some of the hairpieces are donated. Finally I checked the national rating of LOL and they are Very Highly rated on the independent watchdog websites.

Sometimes things are not as they first appear. Anyway I'm sure this other charity site is good too. I'll do some digging on it when I get a change.

GHT

 
At 2:12 PM, May 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW -- This charity does indeed look like a terrific organization -- one more good way to help kids with deep needs.

Good stuff!
GHT

 
At 5:11 PM, May 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Glenn-
I really didnt do any research on LOL but did on CWHL. I guess i would rather help an organization that cares enough to give families free wigs rather than charge them based on income. Thanks for digging deeper and checking it out! Jess

 
At 4:43 PM, May 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this org. Jess because it really is local,(Rockwood, Mi), so I enjoy the fact knowing that a lot of these wigs will be used locally to help out children, the wigs do go all over but how cool to know we can help out so close to home....Cindy

 
At 2:46 PM, June 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are finished with blogging? Its been a very long time since you have posted- if you are please let us know

 

Post a Comment

<< Home