Babble Brain

Yeah, someone found my blog! I am a 32 yr. mother of three beautiful children and proud wife of my wonderful husband~ Matthew. I am blessed beyond my comprehension! I hope you too will be~ His gift is free if you receive. You have nothing to lose and all to gain! Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace that you are saved, through your faith -not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, so that no one can boast.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Fridays storm-

Fridays storm started @ 4:00. I dropped the kids off at guitar lessons, came back home to still try and plan our date, we rarely go out so we cherish our time and were looking forward to seeing each other and wanting to do something different so we wouldnt be dissappointed ( thanks a bunch, we loved all the date ideas). So as Im on the computer still planning, but plans had to start changing due to the weather, I look outside and see our 3 very expensive trees we just purchased and planted LEANING almost touching the ground- NO JOKE_ IM SERIOIS they were about 2ft from touching ground!! Then the power goes out and stays out so I call Matt (hes out running errands) He tells me he just got side swiped in his car, he cant talk now.

So we call mom tell her we are not going out, she says go ahead go just bring us the kids since you have no power. Well Maddi is very hard to watch unless at our house. She is a 20 mo. ADHD baby with emphasis on the H- HYPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Matt is replanting the trees in t he pouring rain, then he calls our buddy who is storing our generator, of course he's not home!!! He tells us how we might be able to get into his garage after checking 100 keys. They never lock anything but started that day due to some breakins- of course, our luck!!! So Matt lifts the ridiouliously heavy generator by himself to find out it WONT start!!! To make an even longer story short we got it to run for @ 1/2 hour to drain our sump before we flooded, we had @ 4 inches till we overflowed- due to no power. And of course the power people know NOTHING!!!!

Ok we drain the sump , Matt changes his clothes for the 4th time that day and off we go on our date- no idea where to eat and its 8:00!!!!! We head to Rosies Italina Grille- Very cute place!!! We decide they are quite expensive and we were sitting in mosquito land outside!!! So embarrassing we get up and leave and head to Outback where we ALWAYS go but its always good!! I order a boring cheeseburger that disappoints me and we head home to still find our generate wont work after hours of trying, power people still dont know when it will be on and our sump is 2 inches form overflowing.

It is now 1230 we head back to our buddys to get his generator and at 100 the power comes on. We also had to hook up to our neighbors house like they do in the hood for power. All of our neighbors behind us in Village Meadows had power!!! Everyone in front did not!!

And meanwhile talking to mom to see if Maddi is ok- she is not she will NOT sleep!!! 1030 and she is still awake ruling over everyone!! Praise the Lord she did finally crash. After unplugging and claeaning everything up we ended our wonderful date by crashing at @ 230.

So all our planning and it didnt help. What was the Lord trying to tell us???

I think he wanted us to pray harder- the first time I prayed the generatoe worked the times following it did not. I think maybe we were suppose to enjoy the quite and lack of power, but instead we worked our butt off trying to get power and failing at it, we wasted our time and ruined our date.

It is easy to see why people dont believe in God- I found myself asking God why dont you want my husband and I to enjoy a very needed date together? Why wont you make this generate work? Why are you making my husband work so hard- he worked so hard to first plant these very heavy trees and had to replant them?? Why ? We have all this time, kids are at moms overnight . I know he doesnt give us more than we can handle but why does he push us to limit of exhaustion and hatred?? And why do thing like this always cost us a small fortune?? We have to fix the generator, buy a back up kit etc. etc.?

I know we are suppose to learn something here- did we? Im not sure?

3 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, July 16, 2006, Blogger anearlgirl said...

sorry about your bad night. We'll be glad to babysit for you, just say the word...

 
At 6:05 PM, July 16, 2006, Blogger jessica said...

I hate to ask and she is not easy at others houses but I will be sure to try you when we have time if your offering!!!

 
At 11:01 AM, July 18, 2006, Blogger jessica said...

You know thats our camoing luck Rick- Rain Rain rain!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home