Babble Brain

Yeah, someone found my blog! I am a 32 yr. mother of three beautiful children and proud wife of my wonderful husband~ Matthew. I am blessed beyond my comprehension! I hope you too will be~ His gift is free if you receive. You have nothing to lose and all to gain! Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace that you are saved, through your faith -not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, so that no one can boast.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Are They Being Serious??? $5700.00 For Braces!!!!!

MacKenzie went for a consult today for some very minor problems. Her dentist thought she should see an Ortho, so we did. For some very minor problems we were quoted $5700.00 and told she needs braces. Her teeth to look at , look beautiful, they are very straight except one tooth is rotated 40% and her bottom teeth have spaces and she has a class 2 overbite. What a rip off!!! I had braces 2x so I know all about it. She's only 11 though that seems young to start treatment. Needless to say we will be shopping around- $5700.00- WOW!!! Oh- it was $3000.00 after insurance- but still!!!

6 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, July 25, 2006, Blogger jessica said...

Yes, that's where we went, they were nice I liked them but it felt very high pressure, I thought I was buying a car there!!!

 
At 9:16 PM, July 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess,
Don't feel bad, in Sept. I am having some work done on my teeth, painful work (breaking of the jaw bone), and my bill will be 4,700.00 out of the pocket, he states it could be more if he gets in there and needs to do more work.

 
At 1:47 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger larchmeany said...

Believe me, I feel your pain. By the way, after looking at your picture, it occurs to me that it is a miracle that anyone actually wants to become a dentist. Gross!

 
At 2:24 PM, July 26, 2006, Blogger jessica said...

Wow Cindy!!! Im so sorry, 10 years ago we paid 10,000 for Matt to have dental work OUT of POCKET!!! Its awful!! That sounds really painful!!! Let me know if you need some smoothies or milkshakes!!! And Earl yes the picture is GROSS!!!! What is really gross is when I have to HAND people there teeth at work, YUCK!!!

 
At 12:18 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Emily Smith said...

lol- I remember the handing people teeth days... I used to work at an elderly care center as an activities director/resident assistant... mmm... the memories-

and the memories of braces too - yuck to them and yuck to the bill...

 
At 4:14 AM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Ellenvale junior high school Dedicated hosting affordable online roulette http://www.house-humidifier-3.info Surveillance buy video security silk flowers video slots internet blackjack Asian gut Winona sus geology travels teton travel html Driver epson lx100 printer Manufacturer of neurontin chongqed data recovery expert Buspar contrase as micra nissan Cheap cdma cell phones Verizon ev-do laptop reviews

 

Post a Comment

<< Home